Connect developers & issues
Use the GitLab integration with Forecast to manage and sync the software development process between GitLab and Forecast.
The integration with GitLab will sync all of your issues and their status between your chosen GitLab projects and Forecast projects. Sync works both ways and tasks in Forecast will thereby also get synchronized to your GitLab project.
Software development with GitLab and Forecast
This makes it super simple and automated to manage your upcoming work across both platforms while managing resources, schedules, and reporting time in Forecast. This app works for both GitLab SaaS and GitLab on-premise.
Synced between both
- GitLab users and Forecast users are linked. However, you need to create the users manually in each system.
- Issues / Task Status are synced between both. Changing status in GitLab is reflected in Forecast, and vice versa.
- Description of tasks/issues is reflected in both Forecast and GitLab.
- Milestones are reflected in both.
- Moving tasks to different column statuses are reflected in GitLab.
- New tasks/issues are synced.
- Assigning people to tasks/issues are synced.
- Time estimates on tasks/issues are synced. When estimating from GitLab, the high and low estimates in Forecast will be set as the same. When estimating from Forecast, the forecast estimate is based on your high and low, and our algorithm will be sent to GitLab.
This should help you manage everything from both places while avoiding double work.