Last updated, October 2023
When we refer to “Forecast”, we mean the Forecast entity that acts as the processor or controller of your information.
By using the Service, you are agreeing to the terms expressed in the conditions of the Policy below.
The Data Processor and/or Data Controller will be determined by the company in the Forecast group that you have engaged with. If you do not have a contractual relationship with Forecast or you have contracted with Forecast Technologies Trading Limited then the details of your data processor/controller are:
Forecast Technologies Trading Limited
Ground And First Floor
36-38 Hatton Garden
London EC1N 8EB
If you have contracted with Forecast ApS then the details of your data processor/controller are:
and we ensure that your data is always treated according to the applicable data protection laws.
Information we collect and receive
Forecast may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to an Account by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to Forecast when using the Services.
- Other Information. Forecast also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Project and Account Information. To create or update an Account, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply Forecast with an email address, phone number, password, domain and/or similar account details. In addition, Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services provide Forecast (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
- Usage Information.
- Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, Forecast logs the projects, tasks, people, features, content and links you interact with, the types of files shared and what Third Party Services are used (if any).
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. Forecast collects information about devices accessing the Services, including
typeof device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We receive information from you, your Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location.
Forecastmay also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Third Party Services. Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services for their Account. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations for their Account. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with Forecast. For example, if a cloud storage application is enabled to permit files to be imported to a Project, we may receive user name and email address of Authorized Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to Forecast to facilitate the integration. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to Forecast. When a Third Party Service is enabled, Forecast is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to Forecast in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider. We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services. For more information on Third Party Services, click here.
- Contact Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import (such as an address book from a device) is collected when using the Services.
- Third Party Data.
Forecastmay receive data about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional Information Provided to Forecast. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Forecast.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Project details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How we use information
Customer Data will be used by Forecast in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Terms & Conditions Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law.
Forecast uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. Where this Other Information contains Personal Data Forecast will be the Data Controller. More specifically, Forecast uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments
andquestions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools
andadditional features. Forecast tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Projects and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of tasks, roles or expertise to an Authorized User, make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Forecast. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management
andother administrative matters. Forecastmay need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How we share and disclose information
This section describes how Forecast may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and Forecast does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions.
Forecastwill solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
the Services. When an Authorized User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the same Account. For example, an Authorized User’s email address may be displayed with their Account profile. Please consult the Help Center for more information on Services functionality.
- Collaborating with Others. The Services provide different ways for Authorized Users working in the same Account to collaborate, such as shared projects.
- Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users
andother Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of Account activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services. Additional information about the subprocessors we use to support delivery of our Services is set forth in our Data Processing Agreement.
- Third Party Services. Customer may enable or permit Authorized Users to enable Third Party Services. When enabled, Forecast may share Other Information with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by Forecast and third parties that have been granted access to Other Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection and use. Please check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services or contact the provider for any questions.
- Corporate Affiliates.
Forecastmay share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to Forecast’s Business. If Forecast engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Forecast’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective Forecast customer the average amount of time saved using Forecast within a typical project.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Forecast or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent.
Forecastmay share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Forecast does not allow
Data protection authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict Forecast’s use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority, the UK Information Commissioner, or the Danish Data Protection Commissioner. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our lead EU supervisory authority:
Phone: +45 3319 3200
If you are a UK resident or you have contracted with Forecast Technologies Trading Limited, please direct questions or complaints to:
Information Commissioner's Office
Phone: 0303 123 1113
ICO Complaints Portal
Correcting and updating your information
Customers may update or change the personal information they have provided Forecast by logging into the Service and providing such additional information where applicable. If you are our customer and would like to gain access to, or request deletion of information we have collected as “Data Processors,” please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to such queries within 30 business days.
Forecast Technologies Trading Limited
Ground And First Floor
36-38 Hatton Garden
London EC1N 8EB